Four hours of Upholsterers recordings!

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
crimpies
Little Acorn

Four hours of Upholsterers recordings!

Post by crimpies »

Found in Blender 2003 article here: http://littleroom.whitestripes.net/inde ... try1943522
Muldoon still has four hours of their recordings. “Wanna hear some?” he asks, leaving the room to fetch a shoebox filled with CDs. Much of what he plays sounds just like the White Stripes. There are familiar covers and early versions of Stripes songs “The Union Forever” and “Lafayette Blues”. “He was never really critical,” Muldoon says, “except that he wanted me to beat the crap out of the snare drum.”

As Jack’s musical exploration ventured further into the past, it began to conflict with Muldoon’s punk aesthetic. Muldoon plays a recording of the two of them covering Bob Dylan’s “Girl From the North Country” on which he is all but refusing to drum. “It was the only time we ever played this,” he says. “He never brought it up again.”
Please put this out on the Vault.
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Re: Four hours of Upholsterers recordings!

Post by HappyDad »

A double LP of this sure would be great :shock:
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

those upholsters recordings, what few we have are about as raw as anything JW has ever touched. LOVE them
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

If these are on the Vault, I would cry.
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

Damn, that would be awesome. Especially if it was an unlimited release, and not exclusive to the Vault. That article is from 2003 though; so I have to wonder what's taking so long. Is there any conceivable reason why they shouldn't be released? (I believe the correct answer is "hell, no." It's not like low-fi quality has been a make-or-break issue with other TMR releases of early Jack White recordings.) Fans would seriously just eat this up, if it were made available soon. Hopefully all of it or at least most of it, not just a small selection; and preferably sometime before the next millennium rolls around would be good.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

Jack isn't the only person involved here, maybe Muldoon is against releasing it?
I would love a few Vault singles of The Upholsterers, especially one with Girl From the North Country! A double LP would over do it though; part of what is so exciting and special about The Upholsterers is that they are so inaccessible.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

hellosmith wrote:Jack isn't the only person involved here, maybe Muldoon is against releasing it?
I would love a few Vault singles of The Upholsterers, especially one with Girl From the North Country! A double LP would over do it though; part of what is so exciting and special about The Upholsterers is that they are so inaccessible.
Agreed, I think a vault release of the Upholsterers would put every thing else to shame so far...even even the White Stripes Vault 13....

I would LOVE to see that happen..

and THAT would be what the vault is all about in my opinion, releasing something rare and unheard so far.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Hell, I'd like to see Third Man put out an official wide release. The Upholsterers never had an LP. Let the Vault have some extra songs or something but make an official Upholsterers general release.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

From the looks of it, TMR is working its way chronologically through re-releasing all the WS stuff. When they're done with that...who knows? I'd buy any Upholsterers stuff! On regular black vinyl, no less!
Hyperbole used for effect!
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

mangry wrote:From the looks of it, TMR is working its way chronologically through re-releasing all the WS stuff. When they're done with that...who knows? I'd buy any Upholsterers stuff! On regular black vinyl, no less!
I think for nxt RSD in April we will see 7NA and hardest button to button reissues
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

Oh my gawd! Man. That is one vault pack I would make sure I got 2 of, That would get played till there were no grooves left!

I miss my Upholsterers single badly! I'm going to get a replacement one way or another this year.
I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the board.
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

It needs to come in a nice upholstered sleeve - maybe ultrasuede? Or leatherette?
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
artstudent13
Little Bird

Post by artstudent13 »

id like to see it come with a blood card with jacks real blood on it!...
yes jack whites DNA:)
8-)
when i hear my name, i wanna disappear