Son House 7" / Jack White involvement?

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Son House 7" / Jack White involvement?

Post by woodisgood »

Does anyone here know any solid details about this 7" release? Info is super-scarce; looks like it came out 2010.

On the cover, it says Jack White was one of the compilers. Might this have something to do with the upcoming TMR blues releases?

http://www.discogs.com/Son-House-Negro- ... se/3542621
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Grimtale
Little People

Re: Son House 7" / Jack White involvement?

Post by Grimtale »

From what I can gather its a bootleg and someone took liberties with Jack's name on it.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

A friend of mine sent one of those to me two years ago, he'd apparently picked it up at Grimey's in Nashville. After a brief spell of poking about the web, I came to the same conclusion Grim did. Still a cool little thing to have, just for the fun of it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Ah, I see why I couldn't find too much: The label isn't Biograph, it's pressed by Slow to Speak, who somehow get away with bootlegging certain things.

http://www.forcedexposure.com/labels/slow.to.speak.html

Thanks, Grim and Kali!
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Also, the upcoming TMR blues reissues are Document releases, not Biograph.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I'm probably the last person on the planet to notice that the record held by the astronaut in the Roseland poster has "Document" (in reverse) on the label. But just in case there's one more person . . .
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I noticed it :)