The Black Belles @ The End (concert review)

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
will_hodge
Little Bird

The Black Belles @ The End (concert review)

Post by will_hodge »

Hey folks! The Black Belles played an incredible show Tuesday night at The End and I reviewed it here: http://mysocalledsoundtrack.blogspot.co ... s-end.html

They've still got some dates left on their current run of shows and if you can make it out to one of them, I'd highly recommend it. As great as their album and singles are, they are even better in person. Especially Shelby Lynne on drums. Unbelievably powerful for such a small package! They also played a really cool new song called "Ms. Black Boots" that will be the B-side of their next single. Great, great show!
mojoryan
Little People

Re: The Black Belles @ The End (concert review)

Post by mojoryan »

Great review! Couldn't agree more about Shelby; man-o-man she blew me away. Keeler is a damn entertaining drummer to witness, but with Shleby it's so unexpected, I think it makes it even more so. Well that, and I tend to find her far more adorable than Patrick (no offense, buddy).
Last edited by mojoryan on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

spl is a killer on those phone mics... nice vid though... I'm still torn on who I should see, TBB or BoS, probably make a last minute decision as usual...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief