Jack White photos - find, share, whatever

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White photos - find, share, whatever

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

mojoryan wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:
elduderino wrote:it's a mandolin. not that anyone gives a shit.
well i give a big shit about mandolins actually... i'd give more than a shit if i had a mandolin sitting around my house that i could play every day to be perfectly honest ... of course i would likely have to stop all my other slow progressing projects but who gives a shit about any of those besides me i wonder... best for me not to sport that attitude though

the reality as i see it is that the more jack plays the mando the more nashville listens... the more i listen and the more i buy and when i buy the economy stands up and takes interest ... so.. yes its a big deal

and yes i would love to learn more about the shure m55 but are you referring to the one in the picture or the giff that i posted?
I didn't actually look too closely at the mic in the pic with Jack; I assumed you did, and thus posted the gif...that said, having tried to take a closer look at the one in the pic with Jack, it's just too damn small/hazy to tell, but by the conical shaoe, it may be an harmonica mic of some sort. Sorry I can't be of any more help.
Initially that was my point in posting the photo ... if anyone could find a larger resolution of the image for the sake of discerning more completely some of the details within the image... ultimately its not worth the pages of debate that we hashed out but i really can see the value in an images thread whether it be 'collector' based or other wise

As to the mic conversation.... i can see where he might use a hohner astatic to pick up that environs reverb of the attic

this google search just blew my mind wide open relative to harp mics
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

mojoryan wrote:
elduderino wrote:it's a mandolin. not that anyone gives a shit.
well i give a big shit about mandolins actually... i'd give more than a shit if i had a mandolin sitting around my house that i could play every day to be perfectly honest ... of course i would likely have to stop all my other slow progressing projects but who gives a shit about any of those besides me i wonder... best for me not to sport that attitude though

the reality as i see it is that the more jack plays the mando the more nashville listens... the more i listen and the more i buy and when i buy the economy stands up and takes interest ... so.. yes its a big deal

and yes i would love to learn more about the shure m55 but are you referring to the one in the picture or the giff that i posted?
I didn't actually look too closely at the mic in the pic with Jack; I assumed you did, and thus posted the gif...that said, having tried to take a closer look at the one in the pic with Jack, it's just too damn small/hazy to tell, but by the conical shaoe, it may be an harmonica mic of some sort. Sorry I can't be of any more help.
Initially that was my point in posting the photo ... if anyone could find a larger resolution of the image for the sake of discerning more completely some of the details within the image... ultimately its not worth the pages of debate that we hashed out but i really can see the value in an images thread whether it be 'collector' based or other wise

As to the mic conversation.... i can see where he might use a hohner astatic to pick up that environs reverb of the attic

this google search just blew my mind wide open relative to harp mics
Yup...that was the search criteria I used in trying to discern WHICH one it might be. 8-) And yes, I see the relevence of a pic thread. Hell, there are enough discussions over this piece of equipment or that piece of equipment in MANY threadds, to merit one dedicated to the topic. I see no issue.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Four wordy-ass pages & six photos. Might I suggest that people stop reading topics they don't think should exist?
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

quick question... has jack ever played a 12 string on any of his songs?

seriously though... yall need to lighten up just a NOTCH

THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT ANYWAY...
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Four wordy-ass pages & six photos. Might I suggest that people stop reading topics they don't think should exist?
but...much of said wordy-ass-ness was regarding the pics. 8-)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:quick question... has jack ever played a 12 string on any of his songs?

No.. That's just a picture of him holding Jimmy Page's guitar...
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

agreed... i was aware of that but the idea then sank in and became the question... i personally couldnt recall it and yet why not go there? thanks 8-)
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

I'm bound to pack it up? I've always thought this but I'm not sure.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

TheHen0 wrote:I'm bound to pack it up? I've always thought this but I'm not sure.
time for a new picture... ante up
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

^ Good point, that. OK, here:

http://brundleflyonthewall.files.wordpr ... ulrich.jpg

Oh, wait...you probably meant a picture of Jack White. :D

(Skeet Ulrich is here only because that picture made me do a double-take.
But in some photos he looks more like Ben Swank, so he must be some kind
of alien shape-shifting entity.)

OK, this was always one of my favorites:

Here's an article weighing in on the all-important issue of hair style, with photos:
http://coolmenshair.com/2009/12/jack-wh ... tyles.html

The author there offers the interesting opinion that rock stars should have
medium length hair - neither too short nor too long. (Goldilocks, anyone?)

Hmm. I don't know about that. I think rock stars can have hair of any length.
I always really liked this picture of Jack from the Cold Mountain premiere:

And who could resist this classic picture of Jack with John Peel?

Jack should auction that shirt off for charity. Or even better, cut out each polka dot
separately, and insert them with random orders from TMR - with no explanation. :lol:
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

that looks like a tiny lion with red yarn for hair ... thats about as much as i have to say regarding jack and hair

my hair is similarly challenging like jacks is and you really have no idea what those fuckers will do tomorrow... eos

when it comes to photos about appearance a great discussion is to be had of how many fucked up portraits pass as acceptable and why or if/how it might position the subject of the image to rethink their relations with the media

this image is one of quite a few that i think illustrates the point of why discussing such things is extraneous

here is an entire article on the charictures of Jack and Meg... http://www.puppiesandflowers.com/?tag=jack-white

there are some worthwhile images on there but its just some kind of passing capture without content to discuss
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

DeeBee wrote: Here's an article weighing in on the all-important issue of hair style, with photos:
http://coolmenshair.com/2009/12/jack-wh ... tyles.html
Now, I have never been one to shy away from Jack-hair talk, in fact I generally encourage it, but this article is just kind of crazypants.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

yes... i will have to remember this 'crazypants' notion... the article is like a highschool feature or something

favorite quote:

These medium length layers work to frame his face while giving a slightly mysterious appearance that is certain to catch the attention of every female within a mile. He projects confidence and the hubris associated with most rock stars with his hair style. Oddly, if he were to allow his hair to grow longer than it is now, it would detract from his appearance while cutting it shorter would take away from his rocker image.

that needs to be on some kind of TMR trading cards... oh no ... TMR trading cards... we are in for the shit now!!! :shock:
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

Yeah, the article was a bit odd. I suspect it was written by a female whose attention was thoroughly caught from several hundred miles away. Oh, the mystery and the hubris and the hair of it all! :D

If anyone gets bigger high-resolution versions of these pics of Jack with Jagger, and decides to post them here for some unknown reason, I promise not to complain too much...

http://69.164.212.68/home/search?option ... jack+white

Add: Wait. TMR trading cards?!? Hell yeah, I'd be in for that. Disturbing but true. :mrgreen:

One thing I thought they should make is just a simple black canvas carrying bag with the gold/white TMR logo. I hate wearing shirts with commercial logos on them, but I'm always hauling bags of stuff around, and I'd be glad to sport an ad for Third Man. Then again, my tastes in almost everything are non-typical, so who knows how well that kind of thing would sell.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Well just to lower the boom on the trading card thing... i am not sure that i would put my money down for such things

possibly if they were cut from vinyl .. hint hint ... phone case ... hint ... nevermind ... its just me being imaginative for the fun of it ... but you know the Meg card would be the most collectable ... and tangible ... but maybe not digital

theres the flaw... trading cards are not digital