N/A

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Q 'releasing' U2 Achtung Baby covers album feat. Jack Wh

Post by Kali Durga »

woodisgood wrote:So, if this is him totally solo: Would this be the first JWIII recording released where he's playing bass, drums, guitars, singing, etc., all by himself? (As opposed to just voice + guitar a la "FFB.")
I've been wondering this, too. Would definitely like to know whether he handled all the instrumentation or not. Hopefully credits will pop up somewhere.

I swear, this one song had the effect that Jack said the 10th Vault package was gonna have. Sometimes I wonder whether he might need a better understanding of what really blows our heads wide open.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Kali Durga wrote:
woodisgood wrote:So, if this is him totally solo: Would this be the first JWIII recording released where he's playing bass, drums, guitars, singing, etc., all by himself? (As opposed to just voice + guitar a la "FFB.")
I've been wondering this, too. Would definitely like to know whether he handled all the instrumentation or not. Hopefully credits will pop up somewhere.

I swear, this one song had the effect that Jack said the 10th Vault package was gonna have. Sometimes I wonder whether he might need a better understanding of what really blows our heads wide open.
The song for another way to die he played all instruments right?
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Hamptonio wrote:this is the u2 that i love.
this performance...c'est incroyable.
Named my son Dorian 'cause I love this song so much.

Here's another few gems

I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Moller72 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:

Ah, I always forget about that one. Dunno why, it's certainly a decent tune.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

Bikedo wrote:
Named my son Dorian 'cause I love this song so much.

Here's another few gems

great name!
perhaps if i have a son someday, i'll name him oscar and your son and my son can collab and write a rock musical together.
'tomorrow' is great. everything off 'october' is tops for me. criminally underrated u2 album.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Kali Durga wrote:
woodisgood wrote: Sometimes I wonder whether he might need a better understanding of what really blows our heads wide open.
Then again, he doesn't need to pump this one up like the Vault package . . .
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
woodisgood wrote: Sometimes I wonder whether he might need a better understanding of what really blows our heads wide open.
Then again, he doesn't need to pump this one up like the Vault package . . .
Or even wants to, perhaps. But so many people seem to be more blown away by what he does himself than what TMR bands do, that things like re-mixes and records/dvds of Wanda, the Greenhornes, the Black Belles, etc, just don't seem to have as much impact as he seems to assume they will. (Like how I qualified the hell out of that statement?) Does he not realize that, or does he ignore it in preference of promoting what he wants to promote? Who knows?
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Bikedo wrote:
Named my son Dorian 'cause I love this song
Funnily enough I was wondering if that was your inspiration whilst listening to U2 - live in Boston 1981 recently.

Really do like what Jack did with Love Is Blindness

Ever hopeful we will get more than a few tracks of him
a year in the future - JW album is needed soon
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Kali Durga wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:

Actually, "Another Way to Die" still doesn't qualify. Little Jack played bass, Michael Rinne played upright bass, and Laura Matula played piano.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

So then we're left still wondering about this one. Seeing as how he had accompaniment on Another Way To Die and You Know That I Know, he probably did the same for this. Would be cool to find out otherwise, though.
mhcox
Little Cream Soda

Post by mhcox »

woodisgood wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:

Actually, "Another Way to Die" still doesn't qualify. Little Jack played bass, Michael Rinne played upright bass, and Laura Matula played piano.
I was always surprised Alicia didn't play the piano for the song.
when roles are reversed, opinions are too.
JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Post by JWhiteIII »

http://rockitoutblog.com/

This quite possibly has the best vocals Jack has put out in a while. I am impressed and beyond.
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

JWhiteIII wrote:http://rockitoutblog.com/

This quite possibly has the best vocals Jack has put out in a while. I am impressed and beyond.
im going to have to agree and add what i had offered in the other thread here:

Jacks vocals brought home some of the great vocalists of the past in this work such as Joplin combined with R.Plant

it felt entirely comfortable in its range and breadth of tones

compared with the Lost Hank release this track lets us know that we can expect more good to come!
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow