Single: Another Way To Die

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
MegBot3000
Site Admin

Post by MegBot3000 »

This topic is dedicated to the single Another Way To Die, featuring Jack White and Alicia Keyes from The Quantum of Solace 007 film.

WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
Astra
Little Bird

Re: Single: Another Way To Die

Post by Astra »

Bringing this topic back - so, what are the known vinyl colors for this single? So far I've seen it as orange-ish for the USA and gold for UK (l-r) in OP. Is there a regular black wax?

Many ebay sellers aren't good about listing the color of the vinyl in their sales. But I've collected the two that I know of so far.
January 1, 2525: Jack White, 21st century musician, revived after long period of cryogenic freezing, publicly states he no longer finds you pretty good looking.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Astra wrote:Bringing this topic back - so, what are the known vinyl colors for this single? So far I've seen it as orange-ish for the USA and gold for UK (l-r) in OP. Is there a regular black wax?

Many ebay sellers aren't good about listing the color of the vinyl in their sales. But I've collected the two that I know of so far.
It's about time someone replied to this topic...

Have you got photos? I bought one off ebay a few years back, but I have no idea which one I have
Astra
Little Bird

Post by Astra »

I don't have photos at the moment, I just bought the UK one, noticing the cover art and color are really different. Still waiting on it to arrive in the mail But here's some examples I've found, if it helps:

The one I have is this color, also very translucent.

[ebay]221039110930[/ebay]

This is the Uk example, tried to get the lightest pic.

[ebay]360411796154[/ebay]
January 1, 2525: Jack White, 21st century musician, revived after long period of cryogenic freezing, publicly states he no longer finds you pretty good looking.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

They are different because one is a UK press and the other is a US press.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Here are both. The US on the right is on J-Records and the UK one is on XL. I've never seen or heard of a black vinyl version of either.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

I guess I have an XL copy
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

dunedin wrote:Image

Here are both. The US on the right is on J-Records and the UK one is on XL. I've never seen or heard of a black vinyl version of either.
Yup. Same here.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

but none of these are thirdman releases pressed at URP? anyone care to discuss how these releases were put out on these labels? thanks for sharing this... i like this song pretty well just for the sake of something different coming out at that time
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:but none of these are thirdman releases pressed at URP? anyone care to discuss how these releases were put out on these labels? thanks for sharing this... i like this song pretty well just for the sake of something different coming out at that time
I believe this was released before Third Man opened..........so it came out on the labels that work with Jack White and the 007 franchise in their respective countries.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Stl_ben wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:but none of these are thirdman releases pressed at URP? anyone care to discuss how these releases were put out on these labels? thanks for sharing this... i like this song pretty well just for the sake of something different coming out at that time
I believe this was released before Third Man opened..........so it came out on the labels that work with Jack White and the 007 franchise in their respective countries.
All true.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

dylnfan wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
All true.
hey thanks for those answers...i suppose this whole timeline thing is the part of managing the details that go round and round for me as a part of not really seeing all the associated connections ... its an intense pace of production to say the least when you line everything up back to back and now we have the lone ranger soundtrack beating a path

i did see a thirdman symbol on one of the labels which made the entire inquiry twist around itself even though my direct line of reasoning seems to be centered upon the details of how many are in each of the series on each of the labels relative a black vinyl from TMR or an interesting cameo when Alicia Keys decides to kick out something

on the subject of Alicia Keys releases and how she chooses her product to hit the streets this turned up:

i keep asking myself 'in the style of Alicia Keys'?? and thinking things like ?is that like music done with piano ? or is that songs sung to a melody ? or is that spoken word journal-entry style soul or what?.... what is that??

Surely what Alicia Keys has recorded is very similar to Lauren Hill or even Carol King right? i suppose that 'its all good' despite the fact that my questions on the subject only lead to a need for questions...

its a green light for me and this single regardless of all those other notions .... So any idea on the release numbers?
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Adele's bond theme coming out today reminded me about this song. I'd love to hear Jack and Ruby duet on this if they played this live...
Patient B1003
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

I hope it isn't out of place, but I actually like Adele's Bond theme better than Jack's.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Jettkoral wrote:I hope it isn't out of place, but I actually like Adele's Bond theme better than Jack's.
You are not alone. I like Jack's but I usually skip it whenever it comes on. I'll definitely play Adele's every time though.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+