Single: The Upholsterers

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
stoutr
Little Ghost

Re: Single: The Upholsterers

Post by stoutr »

Grimtale wrote:
stoutr wrote:My black card has the phone number blacked out and a hole punch below the tack. 1 of 1, I say.
He is alive! Welcome back man.
Grim
Thanks. I've only had time to lurk recently. Fun summer. Just spent all day yesterday in the barn, in the front row, with awesome sets by Pokey & the South City 3, The Sadies (instrumental set, blew my mind), Mavis Staples!, Thao (local) and Breathe Owl Breathe. Part of Pickathon in Happy Valley, Oregon. :D
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

redsox401 wrote:
mvickers03 wrote:In regards to my deal with Ben nobody knows any details because what I wanted and what I am now getting is very different and shall be discussed no further.
totally cool but did Ben share any details on the history of such piece i would like to know the story behind it or did i miss that in a previous post? and can you fix the photo link or repost it please?
Yes Ben said Jack just did them he said it's the first one he's seen, they should probably just be referred to as black blood card version. Only 3 ever made. I'm amazed to be honest, Cool stuff like that very rarely happens.. I'm glad it's gone to the archive. I doubt there is much missing from that collection.

The link is back up for a short while, I'll take it down again tonight.
I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the board.
erikrodskjegg
Little Acorn

Post by erikrodskjegg »

mvickers03 wrote:The link is back up for a short while, I'll take it down again tonight.
Cheers, really cool stuff :) Quite amazing really!
ISO: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3526
Instant karma's gonna get you.
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

may be blind or something but not seeing any link...help me!
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

shteev wrote:may be blind or something but not seeing any link...help me!
It's 4 or 5 pages back.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Acidman68
Little Acorn

Post by Acidman68 »

Been scouring these threads looking for info on this single can`t see anything on this the white label promo one ,
thanks to members here i have found 3 fakes in my collection but now i hear there are a
load of fake white label promos so i need to see if mine is genuine or not ,
plz can someone tell me what to look for on the single how to spot the real from the fake ,
i really want my collection to be a authentic as possible maybe the odd bootleg but not cheap European copy's
ISO http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =18&t=4096
Discogs Collection http://www.discogs.com/user/ahh-pg-
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/graeme.sinclair.77
i got a letter this morning what do you recon it read
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Acidman68 wrote:Been scouring these threads looking for info on this single can`t see anything on this the white label promo one ,
thanks to members here i have found 3 fakes in my collection but now i hear there are a
plz can someone tell me what to look for on the single how to spot the real from the fake ,
i really want my collection to be a authentic as possible maybe the odd bootleg but not cheap European copy's
email me grimtale at gmail dot com and I can help you.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Acidman68 wrote:Been scouring these threads looking for info on this single can`t see anything on this the white label promo one ,
White label Upholsterers records are test pressing from the Rainbo Plant. I don't know if Upholsterers was orginally pressed at Rainbo or not but SFTRI seems to have repressed everything there and, with the repressings, ended up with a lot of test pressings. They're real but not as desireable as white label promos usually are.
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

Damn! that really sucks dude, I'm the same I allow good bootlegs in but i'd be genuinely devastated if one of my early Stripes 7" is fake. I doubt it though as most of my collection was acquired around 2002-2006 and there weren't a great deal of fakes around of The White Stripes, if any. Over the next few weeks I will be posting pictures of my whole White Stripes collection and hopefully any fakes will be spotted by the masters here.

Out of interest which ones were fake?
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Only fakes I know of are Let's shake Hands and Hello Operator...

There is a whole thread on them: http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=1470
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Post by barrowc »

Every White Stripes related Rainbo test press is somewhat suspect. They're not bootlegs but there are far more of them going around than their equivalent non-Rainbo test pressings. Check out Popsike for evidence of that.

The only one which seems slightly worthwhile is the Rainbo "test press" of "The White Stripes" because I have yet to come across a normal Rainbo version of that album
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

Just in case anyone is interested the record has gone. I was made an offer I could not refuse.

Now just need to save up enough cash to buy another copy.
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

so I was lucky enough to score blood card #61 recently. The word "blood" is all lower case and the "d" looks like a lower case "j" (assuming for Jack). Is this similar to what other's have seen?
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

richardcosta wrote:so I was lucky enough to score blood card #61 recently. The word "blood" is all lower case and the "d" looks like a lower case "j" (assuming for Jack). Is this similar to what other's have seen?
I know you posted this a while ago but if you want to examine other blood cards, www.popsike.com is your best bet.

Well done on the purchase.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

The Upholsterers represses?

Post by TheHen0 »

I know LGJ repressed countless White Stripes singles, but did he do the same with The Upholsterers, Makers Of High Grade Suites?
Post the runout etchings for yours to see if they differ.