Single: The Upholsterers

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Re: Single: The Upholsterers

Post by mvickers03 »

barrowc wrote:From an old discussion elsewhere - http://littleroom.whitestripes.net/inde ... &p=1536448. No mention of any blood versions though
subpopfan1 said:

as for the black business card situation...as i remember, all the earliest editions came with the yellow business cards. as that was the older of jack's two business cards, i think he didn't have 1000 or so to stuff in all the singles. so he sent along a batch of his black business card as well. i'd venture to say that the black business card is rarer, but copies with a black card should number (at least) in the hundreds. after a certain point, sympathy told jack/brian to stop sending the inserts. that's why the later copies don't have them. hilarious thing was that they'd printed up enough to fill all the records...and obviously not anticipating anyone would care about such trivialities in the future, threw away all the extra inserts. funny.
Epic.. I do think Jack was aware he was making certain variations to increase scope and make the records worth talking about.. there are many bands that are amazing whos records are not so expensive.. see red hot chili peppers. :x I'm glad he did, It's so cool he manage release his stuff in a non standard way. you had to be waiting for it to be available. I can safely say jack white got me into playing guitar and collecting vinyl in the same year LOL. I feel bad on the guy who sold it me! he lived in San Fransisco somewhere.

I'm gonna stop it now anyway some people will be wishing I'd shut up LOL
I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the board.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Grimtale wrote: There are only 2 in private hands.
Grim
Is that right? Cool :D
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

flattop2001 wrote:
Grimtale wrote: There are only 2 in private hands.
Grim
Is that right? Cool :D
Yep... to my knowledge. From what I hear Jack might have one or two, rest locked in XL's vaults forever (or however long that is).
Grim
I am everything you hate...
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

mvickers03 wrote:
Arran_Ramone wrote:I'm definetely no record collector, but i'd be more than inclined to keep hold of it. Especially if it's so rare that even Ben is hankerin' to get his hands on it :)

I Know what your saying but this could be my chance to 1. get most of the stuff I desire the most into my collection. and 2. give something back to everyone. This is a piece of history, It's so rare I kinda don't trust having it as daft as it sounds. what if something happened to it? it would be gone forever. I can trust that if I hand it over to Ben my collection will benefit massively and a fine piece gets added to the JW/WS memory lane. I'm never going to own everything out there and I'm fine with that.

I think this really does belong in the ultimate collection, that will never happen here. Sure a pretty good collection but still, Plus I can still get a UH blood x/133 as part of the deal.

I think I have made up my mind, I'm just calculating the best stuff to get. Its a hard decision but whatever.. I win at the end of the day and so does anyone else. most people including me didn't know about this till the last day or so.

Now then the only question left is what do I ask him for!! I have an idea for the most part.
That's totally fair enough man! Like I say, i'm no record collector, I just like Vinyl and I like music. I never thought of it in the way that it's history and would go well with the rest of the full collection. Hope you get what you want from it man, good luck :D
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

mvickers03 wrote:
Bikedo wrote:
7th_son wrote:The room is palpably silent. :lol: Very interesting indeed mvickers, and welcome!
It's because, eventhough I find it intruiging, I'm not convinced it's real and there's something about his posts that don't make sense to me. That's all
What part didn't make sense?
What didn't make sense to me is that for someone that has quite a good TWS record collection and has known the band for a long time already you came across as a bit too oblivious about certain things.
Not going into detail now but we have seen this kind of aproach in the past with people that tried to scam other collectors.

What I found really odd was that you were worried about having acquired a fake blood card and then suddenly said you were convinced to have something mega super rare and then immediately started talking about maybe letting it go if you got an "offer you just couldn't refuse" and that was, as far as we all knew, even before the authenticity had been established by somebody in the know.
mvickers03 wrote:OK guys I have had confirmation that this IS real of Ben Blackwell

Thanks for your help guys and :-p to the naysayer in the room!
See I wasn't a naysayer, I just said I wasn't convinced, based on the info you gave us, and now I am.
Congratulations for having bought such a rare item.
Always nice to see something that's so rare and unseen by many [too bad the link doesn't seem to work so I can't see the pictures anymore].

Just one more thing and I don't want to be an ass but personaly I would not be discussing your dealings concerning a possible trade with mr Blackwell in public, it's not really chique imo.
I'm sure that people like Loveislander, Stoutr, Grimtale, Higherlimits would gladly be of help and give you advice on value of certain items, but I'd do that through PM's or e-mails.

Cheers, Kees
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

Last edited by mvickers03 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erikrodskjegg
Little Acorn

Post by erikrodskjegg »

deep shit, yo!
ISO: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3526
Instant karma's gonna get you.
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

erikrodskjegg wrote:deep shit, yo!
Not really that deep. I'm not in ANY debt any more, I paid all those evil creditors off, I collect for fun. People that are true collectors like Ben, Grim and Higerlimits are to be admired, not envied.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

mvickers03 wrote: Not really that deep. I'm not in ANY debt any more, I paid all those evil creditors off, I collect for fun. People that are true collectors like Ben, Grim and Higerlimits are to be admired, not envied.
Damn I've been waiting like 10 years for that post on this or several other record collecting boards I hang out on...
Grim
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

mvickers03 wrote:
Not really that deep. I'm not in ANY debt any more, I paid all those evil creditors off, I collect for fun. People that are true collectors like Ben, Grim and Higerlimits are to be admired, not envied.
Yeah I admire the true collectors as well.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

Grimtale wrote:
mvickers03 wrote: Not really that deep. I'm not in ANY debt any more, I paid all those evil creditors off, I collect for fun. People that are true collectors like Ben, Grim and Higerlimits are to be admired, not envied.
Damn I've been waiting like 10 years for that post on this or several other record collecting boards I hang out on...
Grim
Cool, I have been waiting a long time for a response like that considering your one of these selected few that own the what I call "scary" collection HPLB, 10" b&b and many after that.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Bikedo wrote:
mvickers03 wrote:
Yeah I admire the true collectors as well.
You're my hero Kees, and you collect the old fashioned way, finding things in the unlikeliest places..
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

My black card has the phone number blacked out and a hole punch below the tack. 1 of 1, I say.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

mvickers03 wrote:In regards to my deal with Ben nobody knows any details because what I wanted and what I am now getting is very different and shall be discussed no further.
totally cool but did Ben share any details on the history of such piece i would like to know the story behind it or did i miss that in a previous post? and can you fix the photo link or repost it please?
Hi
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

stoutr wrote:My black card has the phone number blacked out and a hole punch below the tack. 1 of 1, I say.
He is alive! Welcome back man.
Grim