Single: The Upholsterers

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Re: Single: The Upholsterers

Post by Arran_Ramone »

I'm definetely no record collector, but i'd be more than inclined to keep hold of it. Especially if it's so rare that even Ben is hankerin' to get his hands on it :)
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

Last edited by mvickers03 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the board.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Ask for one of the Upholsterer's singles that are hidden in the furniture.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

ask for a once a month meeting/hangout time with jack and for a jack white upholstered couch. or taxedermy of his...
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

Last edited by mvickers03 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

mvickers03 wrote:Haha.. I sure will try my luck getting a few things signed... still need ideas how much is meg white pic disk worth roughly?

enter....GRIM
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

mvickers03 wrote:Haha.. I sure will try my luck getting a few things signed... still need ideas how much is meg white pic disk worth roughly?
[ebay]150626095661[/ebay]
I just sold one on ebay. So I guess this is what they are worth
Grim
I am everything you hate...
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

woodisgood wrote:Still don't believe it. Won't believe it until Ben posts here himself. Sorry.
I believe it.
Grim
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

PugFaceRex wrote:Ask for one of the Upholsterer's singles that are hidden in the furniture.
That's like saying, I'll trade you this piece of chewing gum for the state of Alaska...
Grim
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

Grimtale wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:Ask for one of the Upholsterer's singles that are hidden in the furniture.
That's like saying, I'll trade you this piece of chewing gum for the state of Alaska...
Grim
Yepp, It is, I'm not greedy I'll take the next 24 hrs to think, so far I will have everything i wanted except a few things that are just too expensive for me. still need a good think about what to do with the last 1k though..

how much is 10" ball and b. Ill leave the meg disk LOL I would prefer several smaller items that that
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

mvickers03 wrote: how much is 10" ball and b.
I wouldn't sell mine for $10k. That's what I estimate their value at. There are only 2 in private hands. Rest are in XL's vault or Jack's collection. 10 or less total.
Grim
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

Grimtale wrote:
I wouldn't sell mine for $10k. That's what I estimate their value at. There are only 2 in private hands. Rest are in XL's vault or Jack's collection. 10 or less total.
Grim
JEEEZ.. Grim you are one dedicated guy! I wish I could pull your stunts! did you win the lotto or something??
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

mvickers03 wrote:
Grimtale wrote:
Grim
JEEEZ.. Grim you are one dedicated guy! I wish I could pull your stunts! did you win the lotto or something??
I might just be a pimp and a prostitute too...
Grim
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

I think I'm happy with the list I have so far.. waiting for a reply back on price of 1-8 TMRV collection if its too much I'm going to buy DT 3" and sell to invest into a new collection.. Is the Idea of the main page to help everybody share there current collection? there is loads of stuff missing.

Would it help if I uploaded a few items while they are passing through here so to speak? even not so super rare stuff like handsprings isn't on there that I can see.

Cheers guys and thank you very very much for helping me with this discovery. One of the main reasons it's been in my vinyl cupboard for so long is there were no sites like this to compare cards, you got what you got and without this place it may never have surfaced. I only just found out about sites like poplike from discovering TM vault and WS turntable set I missed last year.
Last edited by mvickers03 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Post by barrowc »

From an old discussion elsewhere - http://littleroom.whitestripes.net/inde ... &p=1536448. No mention of any blood versions though
subpopfan1 said:

as for the black business card situation...as i remember, all the earliest editions came with the yellow business cards. as that was the older of jack's two business cards, i think he didn't have 1000 or so to stuff in all the singles. so he sent along a batch of his black business card as well. i'd venture to say that the black business card is rarer, but copies with a black card should number (at least) in the hundreds. after a certain point, sympathy told jack/brian to stop sending the inserts. that's why the later copies don't have them. hilarious thing was that they'd printed up enough to fill all the records...and obviously not anticipating anyone would care about such trivialities in the future, threw away all the extra inserts. funny.