Album: Van Lear Rose

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Re: Album: Van Lear Rose

Post by littleacorn »

now that would be cool or at least press it and sell it thru tmr
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I didn't know if this warranted a new thread, but if someone wants to, go right ahead.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville ... -10-and-11
Can you believe it’s been 10 years since Jack White got the kids to listen to Loretta Lynn, galvanizing the coal miner’s daughter’s twilight career with the chart-topping, Grammy-winning modern-day country classic Van Lear Rose? While it seems quite likely a full-length VLR follow-up may never come (but hell, what a discographical high note to go out on), the now 82-year-old Country Music Hall of Famer — whose classics include “Don’t Come Home a Drinkin’ (With Lovin’ on Your Mind,” “I’m a Honky Tonk Girl,” “Rated X” and the anti-war lament “Dear Uncle Sam” — is still up for the occasional string of gigs. And frankly, more and more, those are must-see events in the face of, well, mortality.
You can catch Lynn at this fall at the Ryman, where she’ll do a two-night stand Oct. 10 and 11. Tickets are $45-$75 and go on sale Friday, June 27, at 10 a.m., right here and here.
It's a shame Jack will be in Mexico at this time. Would love for him to join her on stage for a tune or 2. ;)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ When I saw her last year at the 9:30 Club here in DC, I got the biggest kick out of her talking about how it was Jack who told her that she had to play at that venue (she's apparently played there several times since he told her that), and how the next time she comes back there, she's gonna bring him with her. No matter where it happens, if he ever does join her on stage somewhere, someone had better capture it for the rest of us to see vicariously.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

just read an article that said this album is about to turn 12 years old... hard to believe... I am old...
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Van Lear Rose LP for $11.48 at Import CDs on Ebay. 25% discount for purchases of $40 or more on eligible items.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Loretta-Lynn-Va ... SwAvJXAZsu