The Greenhornes!

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
rival
Little Ghost

Re: The Greenhornes!

Post by rival »

Show last night was alright...

I was really disappointed with Craig's stage presence...I thought for sure at any given time he was going to just tip over and die from being to fucked up on drugs...he looked like a zombie up there...or some scared Mike Judd character from Beavis And Butthead...Jack and Pat were fun to watch but Craig was just terrible. he was missing notes, singing off key when him and Jack would both sing the same parts...I don't know, I'm hoping his behavior/condition was just a one-off because I don't know how much longer they'll be on the road if he's doing that every night...

Anyways, I taped the whole show...The audio is a little muddy...lots of pops on the kickdrum. If anyone knows how to clean up audio and wants to give it a try, you're more than welcome to. It was recorded on a flipcam's built in microphone. I just did it for shits, I'm not any sort of professional taper or anything...here are 2 clips from the show if anyone cares:

Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Watched the first video, unfortunately that noise you hear is the mic of your camera getting overloaded. There's not really a fix for that since the audio is blown out off the charts. The mix didn't sound very good either, the drum set was overpowering everything, especially the vocals. Nice video though if you could find audio to sync to it.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

rival wrote:Show last night was alright...

I was really disappointed with Craig's stage presence...I thought for sure at any given time he was going to just tip over and die from being to fucked up on drugs...he looked like a zombie up there...or some scared Mike Judd character from Beavis And Butthead...Jack and Pat were fun to watch but Craig was just terrible. he was missing notes, singing off key when him and Jack would both sing the same parts...I don't know, I'm hoping his behavior/condition was just a one-off because I don't know how much longer they'll be on the road if he's doing that every night...

Anyways, I taped the whole show...The audio is a little muddy...lots of pops on the kickdrum. If anyone knows how to clean up audio and wants to give it a try, you're more than welcome to. It was recorded on a flipcam's built in microphone. I just did it for shits, I'm not any sort of professional taper or anything...here are 2 clips from the show if anyone cares:

Ok, I just watched the first 45 or so seconds of the first video and can tell you: rest assured, Craig was having an OFF night! He's always a zombie, but he always sings in key...hell, his guitar was even out of tune! He must be sick! I know there is a bunch of nasty flu-like shiz goin' around here in Cincy and they certainly spent time with friends when they were here the other day. He probably caught something. It'll pass. (just don't go expecting to see him look like a ball of energy, that NEVER happens)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Yamplifier
Little Cream Soda

Post by Yamplifier »

If I ever get off my ass I'll upload my videos from Mad Hatter...They aren't very great due to my being distracted so many times and not hitting the record button in time...but we'll see. :/
<3 Friend of Johnny Walker. <3

Well you know what it's like
i don't got to tell you
who puts up a fight
walking out of hell now
when you fought piranhas
and you fought the cold
there's nobody with you
and you're all alone
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Sheesh, I felt bad I had to miss this show. Now I don't.
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

ouch! they rocked in indianapolis.
That can go now.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Hmmm. Hope he's feeling better by Tuesday. Multiple babysitters employed. The stakes are high.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Through an online purchase, I finally obtained the most difficult color **** LP to find of the 5 pressed........BLACK! :lol:
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

greginchains wrote:Through an online purchase, I finally obtained the most difficult color **** LP to find of the 5 pressed........BLACK! :lol:
Congrats! I STILL don't have it!
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I have a black copy... I'd love to trade for a color version.
Oh and on Craig....he's so boring. I can't stand it. That's the one reason I think they'll never make it to be too big, just because he has no stage presence at all. I love the band and all, but I kinda think he drags down the band, at least energy wise.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

If any one is going to see The Greenhornes on there upcoming tour , can your pick me up a copy of there split with JEFF ? I'll cover all your cost : )

Thanks , John !
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

the greenhornes have some stuff online for sale now
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/thegree ... cPath=1249
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

hsp88 wrote:the greenhornes have some stuff online for sale now
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/thegree ... cPath=1249
Seems that they are selling colored LPs? (no text just a pic though)
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/thegree ... 251&store=
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
kayjay
Little Cream Soda

Post by kayjay »

Seems that they are selling colored LPs? (no text just a pic though)
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/thegree ... 251&store=
I would consider buying another one if I could get my hands on a clear one. With my luck, I would end up with another blue one. lolz.
<JackWhite>: i believe that all people male/female should only wear white socks
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

new GH/Jeff split pic on the GH site, hope to be able to locate myself a copy :shock:

from site:
"We'll be selling 666 hand-numbered copies of our split 7 inch with JEFF The Brotherhood on tour this May. The split is only available at our shows and its pressed on LAVENDER VINYL! Here it is- hot off the URP presses. The split will feature a new song never before recorded or played live called "Lampfire."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.