The Greenhornes!

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
CanIGetBehindYouMeg
Little Bird

Re: The Greenhornes!

Post by CanIGetBehindYouMeg »

hsp88 wrote:
erikrodskjegg wrote:off their facebook tonight; "Just wrapped up a week of top secret work on a project debuting this fall. Heading down to NYC. See you on the boat tomorrow? Ahoy!"
ill be on the boat tomorrow and i can't wait to talk to PK, he's always hanging around. i need to know what the deal is and i hope he tells me
Agreed! Im gonna be there too. They most likely will be selling merch, right? I dont see why they wouldn't.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

CanIGetBehindYouMeg wrote:
hsp88 wrote:
erikrodskjegg wrote:off their facebook tonight; "Just wrapped up a week of top secret work on a project debuting this fall. Heading down to NYC. See you on the boat tomorrow? Ahoy!"
ill be on the boat tomorrow and i can't wait to talk to PK, he's always hanging around. i need to know what the deal is and i hope he tells me
Agreed! Im gonna be there too. They most likely will be selling merch, right? I dont see why they wouldn't.
ya im sure
erikrodskjegg
Little Acorn

Post by erikrodskjegg »

I'd like some Greenhornes merch for sure! And a live concert even more! :)
ISO: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3526
Instant karma's gonna get you.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

no mercy at the show tn, but I'm feeling big things after talking to multiple members
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

hsp88 wrote:no mercy at the show tn, but I'm feeling big things after talking to multiple members
wow i was very drunk last night after this show, i meant there was no merch for sale. overall i thought the Greenhornes show was great and a lot of fun. The PA system on the boat was a bit much and their house engineer was kinda a retard (i actually went to him twice telling to raise certain microphones). Being on a boat with the band was great, there was really no where for any of us to go other than the bars onboard and an outdoor space with perfect views of NYC from the water. I talked with every member at different times and, when asked if they were planning any more greenhornes shows, PK said "these are the last shows for a long time" when i brought up the raconteurs to both PK and Watrous separately they both had big smiles on basically saying they couldn't really talk about it. I almost got Watrous to stroke his beard to indicate to me i wouldn't have to fly to orlando and i could see them in NYC 2 months later which would save me a lot of money lol. Overall i had a great time and the greenhornes were playing in top form, i yelled "High Time Baby" and they went strait into it, that felt pretty cool. if anyone was there i was the guy in the front row jumping up going crazy banging the ceiling.

PS here is a pic of LJ enjoying the NYC skyline.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hsp88 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanIGetBehindYouMeg
Little Bird

hsp88 wrote:
hsp88 wrote:no mercy at the show tn, but I'm feeling big things after talking to multiple members
wow i was very drunk last night after this show, i meant there was no merch for sale. overall i thought the Greenhornes show was great and a lot of fun. The PA system on the boat was a bit much and their house engineer was kinda a retard (i actually went to him twice telling to raise certain microphones). Being on a boat with the band was great, there was really no where for any of us to go other than the bars onboard and an outdoor space with percet views of NYC from the water. I talked with every member at different times and, when asked if they were planning any more greenhornes shows, PK said "these are the last shows for a long time" when i brought up the raconteurs to both PK and Watrous separately they both had big smiles on basically saying they couldn't really talk about it. I almost got Watrous to stroke his beard to indicate to me i wouldn't have to fly to orlando and i could see them in NYC 2 months later which would save me a lot of money lol. Overall i had a great time and the greenhornes were playing in top form, i yelled "High Time Baby" and they went strait into it, that felt pretty cool. if anyone was there i was the guy in the front row jumping up going crazy banging the ceiling.

Hard to tell who you were since everybody in the front was jumping up and down! The guys seemed really approachable and walk around talking to everybody. I was too shy to say anything to them though. I asked the guy with the crazy pink hair . about the merch and he said the band just didn't feel like bringing it with them this time around. I agree that show was pretty great. You didn't happen to ask them about their "top secret work on an a project debuting this fall" did you?
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

CanIGetBehindYouMeg wrote:
hsp88 wrote:
wow i was very drunk last night after this show, i meant there was no merch for sale. overall i thought the Greenhornes show was great and a lot of fun. The PA system on the boat was a bit much and their house engineer was kinda a retard (i actually went to him twice telling to raise certain microphones). Being on a boat with the band was great, there was really no where for any of us to go other than the bars onboard and an outdoor space with percet views of NYC from the water. I talked with every member at different times and, when asked if they were planning any more greenhornes shows, PK said "these are the last shows for a long time" when i brought up the raconteurs to both PK and Watrous separately they both had big smiles on basically saying they couldn't really talk about it. I almost got Watrous to stroke his beard to indicate to me i wouldn't have to fly to orlando and i could see them in NYC 2 months later which would save me a lot of money lol. Overall i had a great time and the greenhornes were playing in top form, i yelled "High Time Baby" and they went strait into it, that felt pretty cool. if anyone was there i was the guy in the front row jumping up going crazy banging the ceiling.

Hard to tell who you were since everybody in the front was jumping up and down! The guys seemed really approachable and walk around talking to everybody. I was too shy to say anything to them though. I asked the guy with the crazy pink hair . about the merch and he said the band just didn't feel like bringing it with them this time around. I agree that show was pretty great. You didn't happen to ask them about their "top secret work on an a project debuting this fall" did you?
i just asked them directly about the status of the raconteurs, they were pretty chill and happy to amuse me. i don't really remember everything i had a little to much to drink, but i think that was common for the night
CanIGetBehindYouMeg
Little Bird

I posted this in the little room, so I figured I should post it here too:

Ok, so we can now put to rest the Greenhornes cryptic facebook message about a new project debuting this fall. Apparently they contributed music to Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeah's Pyscho Opera:

http://www.pitchfork.com/news/43636-kar ... cho-opera/

This also makes sense why Brian Chase from the YYY's was on the Greenhornes cruise.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

CanIGetBehindYouMeg wrote: This also makes sense why Brian Chase from the YYY's was on the Greenhornes cruise.
He also could have just been there as a fan or a friend of someone in the band.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

i wish i had a greenhornes show to look forward to, i miss them :(
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

hsp88 wrote:i wish i had a greenhornes show to look forward to, i miss them :(
your wish is granted. The Greenhornes have 3 shows coming up, one in Indianapolis which means i shall get to see them. Hacienda is also coming to town. Pleasure runeth over.

http://greenhornes.com/tour/
kayjay
Little Cream Soda

Post by kayjay »

csbanta wrote:
hsp88 wrote:i wish i had a greenhornes show to look forward to, i miss them :(
your wish is granted. The Greenhornes have 3 shows coming up, one in Indianapolis which means i shall get to see them. Hacienda is also coming to town. Pleasure runeth over.

http://greenhornes.com/tour/
Very exciting news! Maybe another show in Nashville sometime this year. Crossing my fingers.
<JackWhite>: i believe that all people male/female should only wear white socks
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

I love the 2006 Lp "We Love This City....We Love Ourselves" This little known vinyl gem was only pressed once in an edition of six copies. Insane Clown Posse currently holds all six.Grim holds an imaginary 9. The LP boasts such tracks as "We Luv To Rock and Party Hard", "Give Me Some Cold Gin Honey" and "All Star" a cover of the Smash Mouth classic. Third Man Records is currently in talks with Craig Fox to reissue the album in all it's glory, featuring additional special guests Transit, Duane The Teenage Weirdo, and Black Milk.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Jettkoral wrote:I love the 2006 Lp "We Love This City....We Love Ourselves" This little known vinyl gem was only pressed once in an edition of six copies. Insane Clown Posse currently holds all six.Grim holds an imaginary 9. The LP boasts such tracks as "We Luv To Rock and Party Hard", "Give Me Some Cold Gin Honey" and "All Star" a cover of the Smash Mouth classic. Third Man Records is currently in talks with Craig Fox to reissue the album in all it's glory, featuring additional special guests Transit, Duane The Teenage Weirdo, and Black Milk.
dude bath salts are bad for you
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

hsp88 wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:I love the 2006 Lp "We Love This City....We Love Ourselves" This little known vinyl gem was only pressed once in an edition of six copies. Insane Clown Posse currently holds all six.Grim holds an imaginary 9. The LP boasts such tracks as "We Luv To Rock and Party Hard", "Give Me Some Cold Gin Honey" and "All Star" a cover of the Smash Mouth classic. Third Man Records is currently in talks with Craig Fox to reissue the album in all it's glory, featuring additional special guests Transit, Duane The Teenage Weirdo, and Black Milk.
dude bath salts are bad for you
....../////