Jack White Solo Album???

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
3quid
Little Acorn

Jack White Solo Album???

Post by 3quid »

hawke000

Re: Jack White Solo Album???

Post by hawke000 »

Cool. Wonder what it would sound like, probably AMAZING!
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

All the comments to that piece are pretty negative - it's like people have a gun to their head and are being forced to listen to this stuff - I've got news for them.....
WanderingStranger
Little Bird

Post by WanderingStranger »

This NME article took a quote from the recent RS article ----> http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ ... _next_move
And went running with it.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

what is this all about ??? ...
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

ROME
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I've said for a long time what I'd want to see next out of jack more than anything is an acoustic solo album with matching tour.
Mother Natures Son pretty much validated that for me as well...
That's my Jack wish for 2011.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

I would rather see a ROME tour. Coming to Norway. ^^
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... d-20110223

Jack White Says He'll Never Form Another New Band
Singer says that he will either record solo, or with his bands the Raconteurs and the Dead Weather

February 23, 2011 9:30 AM ET
Jack White has told the British rock magazine Q that he will never form another band, and will spend the rest of his career either playing with his bands the Raconteurs or the Dead Weather, or working as a solo artist. "If I can't say it in any of these bands, then I'll say it by myself," he said.

This declaration comes only three weeks after White announced the end of his most famous band, The White Stripes. Since White is mainly the drummer of the Dead Weather, and the Raconteurs is a collaboration with songwriter Brendan Benson, this effectively means that all material focused on his voice going forward will be released as solo work. It could also mean that whatever White does in the future will not sound much like his music with Meg White in the White Stripes.

In recent years, White has seemed to take a conscious step away from the spotlight. In addition to taking a non-frontman role in the Raconteurs and the Dead Weather, he has spent a great deal of time focused on running his Third Man Records label and working as a producer for artists such as Wanda Jackson and Loretta Lynn.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

Well i guess thats good news!
That can go now.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

I don't beleive anything Jack says lately.I have only seen his 3 bands once each, but from what I saw,He loves to be the focus onstage...Even in the Wanda video,he is front and centre,He craves the spotlight onstage,and we need him to be the spotlight. He is the reason we are all here, and Jack is a great frontman,kick those drums to the curb and grab your axe and get out front....PLEASE
I can be content with The Rac's, but don't know if TDW will bring me the same satisfaction.
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

I'm taking what I'm getting. Would be ecstatic for a Racs return but with Jack backing off I might have to find another band that delivers that natural high.

Curious as to what a solo gig would be like. Gotta tour to see.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

anonymousbrunette wrote:I'm taking what I'm getting. Would be ecstatic for a Racs return but with Jack backing off I might have to find another band that delivers that natural high.

Curious as to what a solo gig would be like. Gotta tour to see.
Natural high today? Try Rodrigo and Gabriela.

I'm enjoying the Third Man Records label and Jack being involved in the production of music. But I've gotta say that I'd rather him be involved with creating music either solo or with a band. I've said for a LONG time that he's way overdue for a solo album. I think it would be great. But taking a back seat I believe is a waste of a talented musician.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

makers888 wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:But taking a back seat I believe is a waste of a talented musician.
DAMN FREE WILL!!
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org