Jack White has guest appearance on new Beyonce record

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
bh1644
Little Ghost

Jack White has guest appearance on new Beyonce record

Post by bh1644 »

Jack sings on the song Don't Hurt Yourself, and I could be wrong but it sure sounds like he is playing the drums, haven't seen liner notes yet...
Last edited by bh1644 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White has guest appearance on new Beyonce record

Post by Kali Durga »

It's on Tidal with the rest of the album, so it should be up for a while. And someone found this info on the song credits-- http://genius.com/Beyonce-dont-hurt-yourself-lyrics No breakdown of who plays what instruments, but Jack definitely sings on it, as does Ruby Amanfu.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

the link I posted is not from Tidal, so it may not stay up long... it's a great song, definitely the best on the record...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I want to watch the visual album, but can't tonight (recording something else). But this gives full credits for all songs and lists Patrick Keeler as the drummer on Don't Hurt Yourself-- http://www.stereogum.com/1873272/stream ... nade/mp3s/

Fats and Mark Watrous are on it, too.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

very cool that it's Patrick... sounded a lot like Jack's Dead Weather kit... will be watching that Lemonade video tonight after the UFC fight...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Just watched the visual album and... wow. Never expected to say this about a pop star like Beyonce, but that's some impressive work. The music doesn't necessarily appeal to me, but the visuals and spoken bits are very powerful, as is the message she's delivering. I totally understand Jack's excitement about it in Vault chat today.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

bh1644 wrote:very cool that it's Patrick... sounded a lot like Jack's Dead Weather kit... will be watching that Lemonade video tonight after the UFC fight...
Before I even read through the comments, this was my initial thought too. It has a very Dead Weatherish feel to it. Really cool to See JW, PK and Ruby together..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:It's on Tidal with the rest of the album, so it should be up for a while. And someone found this info on the song credits-- http://genius.com/Beyonce-dont-hurt-yourself-lyrics No breakdown of who plays what instruments, but Jack definitely sings on it, as does Ruby Amanfu.
I miss Ruby. It's been a long time since she's been around TMR..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I was up until 3 fucking a.m. because of Lemonade. Has anyone else watched the visual album yet? It's going to be stuck in my head for days and I can't stop reading articles about it and the woman who wrote the poetry used for the spoken bits between songs. I really love that Jack was involved with this, even to such a small degree.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Kali Durga wrote:I was up until 3 fucking a.m. because of Lemonade. Has anyone else watched the visual album yet? It's going to be stuck in my head for days and I can't stop reading articles about it and the woman who wrote the poetry used for the spoken bits between songs. I really love that Jack was involved with this, even to such a small degree.
Yah! My wife and I watched it last night.
It's stunning. One of the best pieces of art related to music that I have seen in a very long time.

The spoken word parts are other people's poems? Can you link me to more about that Kali?

It's really breath taking. That's the best way that I can describe it.
RedStep
Little Bird

Jack White on Beyonce's new track - Don't Hurt Yourself

Post by RedStep »

Good song, sounds like he helped with the production as well as some vocals. Add this to Danger! High Voltage as his funkiest collaboration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j70k0K0 ... e=youtu.be
bh1644
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White on Beyonce's new track - Don't Hurt Yourself

Post by bh1644 »

elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

this better get merged quick before seattle ben has a meltdown!
he is everything i hate...
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

boy, i haven't been flipped off by something on the tv so many times in i don't know how long.
he is everything i hate...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

More threadz! Mor threadz!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net