Single: Upholsterers Hidden EPs

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Re: Single: Upholsterers Hidden EPs

Post by Hamptonio »

sick.
i guess we can shut down white swirl now?
it's been a great run everybody.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

What are the chances any found are mint condition ?

Do love the sleeves - hints of lo-fi goodness inside?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

avrate wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:With this discovery and reveal of the cover, what's left unseen? The tracks on this release and a few HPLB?
The CASS pressing of Live at Gold Dollar?
Saw that in UGWNL blu-ray.

As for other suggestions about unreleased songs etc, those don't really count in my book because they weren't produced for public consumption originally. Probably splitting hairs at this point....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

rsimms3 wrote:
avrate wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:With this discovery and reveal of the cover, what's left unseen? The tracks on this release and a few HPLB?
The CASS pressing of Live at Gold Dollar?
Saw that in UGWNL blu-ray.

As for other suggestions about unreleased songs etc, those don't really count in my book because they weren't produced for public consumption originally. Probably splitting hairs at this point....
This is the place for splitting hairs.
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

I just hope we'll get to hear the songs from this single, sooner or later.
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Every time I see this thread come up in my unread list I hope that somebody has found one of these. Today is finally the day - now it's time for those other HPLB!
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

So we wait 10 years with not even a sniff of these existing and two turn up in quick succession from two independant people? I think I smell a rat...

Vault 23.
Sweetie
Little Bird

Post by Sweetie »

Jamie wrote:So we wait 10 years with not even a sniff of these existing and two turn up in quick succession from two independant people? I think I smell a rat...

Vault 23.
ooooooh. I like what you are smelling!
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Jett is the fucking man!
I am everything you hate...
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Jamie wrote:So we wait 10 years with not even a sniff of these existing and two turn up in quick succession from two independant people? I think I smell a rat...

Vault 23.
I wasn't necessarily thinking vault but definitely agree something is fishy. I bet they weren't "found" but rather were given to draw up publicity for something. TMR wouldn't come out of no where to announce 2 had been found without something in mind because the mystery was a far better story.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

bkramer10 wrote:

Vault 23.
I wasn't necessarily thinking vault but definitely agree something is fishy. I bet they weren't "found" but rather were given to draw up publicity for something. TMR wouldn't come out of no where to announce 2 had been found without something in mind because the mystery was a far better story.
Yeah, I'm calling hoax too...
Grim
I am everything you hate...
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Hamptonio wrote:sick.
i guess we can shut down white swirl now?
it's been a great run everybody.
:lol:
That's all she wrote folks, we're shuttin this beast down. See you all on May 3, 2022 following the secret pressing of Auerbach's first release on TMR.
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Post by littlecreamsoda3 »

I've always thought a piece of furniture worked on by Jack would be the ultimate piece of memorabilia. But this takes it to another level
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

I call Shenanigans too - if you really think about it, the odds against this double find are astronomical - the vast majority of people who got chairs upholstered by Jack are probably either people who had no idea who did the upholstering (great word, btw), people who have no idea who he is, or, if people who do know who he is but have not heard this story and so would not think to cut their chair open and look, even if they were chucking the chair out. Likewise, if someone did dump their chair and someone else picked it up to take home, they presumably need it to sit on and so aren't very likely to cut it open to check before so doing. Calm blue ocean, people.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

The only trickery is the fact that they never said in what timeframe the two were found. Maybe they were years apart?
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"