Movie: It Might Get Loud (release details)

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Movie: It Might Get Loud (release details)

Post by kevron6 »

I watched this tonight and thought it was pretty awesome. Jack's voice sounded better than I have heard it in a long time. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has not seen it. I could of done without the Edge but it was still really good.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

kevron6 wrote:I watched this tonight and thought it was pretty awesome. Jack's voice sounded better than I have heard it in a long time. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has not seen it. I could of done without the Edge but it was still really good.
agreed. The edge was so boring, even his personality you can tell hes a dick.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Haha, I saw this on Monday (in theatre) and my girlfriend said the same thing
FaytLJake
Little Acorn

Post by FaytLJake »

Owning a billion pedals doesn't make you a good guitar player. Why didn't they get....Van Halen or something?
St.Andrew on the Little Room
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

How about Omar Rodríguez-López from The Mars Volta , he has shit loads of pedals .
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

FaytLJake wrote:Owning a billion pedals doesn't make you a good guitar player. Why didn't they get....Van Halen or something?
Only using beat up old equipment doesn't either..... ;)

I hope I can get the movie tomorrow. Boxing day sales :D
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Got a nice surprise this morning when I opened this on bluray. Completely forgot it came out just a couple of days ago. Looking forward to watching the bous material.
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

I watched this last night. I'm not even sure 'why' The Edge was so boring, but he sure was. Maybe it's just that Page and White are so spectacular, he got graded on a curve or something...And geezus, how the hell did the Edge go through life so far without having been familiar with Link Wray's, Rumble??!! Some things you shouldn't admit. Anyways, it is a delightful film. The only thing that sort of puzzled me was why they weren't more explicit as to who/what was playing. Like toward the end, 300mph Blues is playing while they're showing The Raconteurs. If you're not really familiar with the work, it is probably confusing.
PetterC
Little Bird

Post by PetterC »

If they wanted a hi-tech guitarplayer they should have gotten Matt Bellamy from Muse... other than that, great movie!
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Wow. So I just watched the deleted scenes on this and these two things must be seen:

1. Jack plays I Fought Piranahs at the Farm, the end is golden.

2. Jack teaches Jimmy Page and Edge how to play the riff from Seven Nation Army and they jam and play it toegther for a few minutes.

Must see.
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

PetterC wrote:If they wanted a hi-tech guitarplayer they should have gotten Matt Bellamy from Muse... other than that, great movie!
Agreed.

Does anyone know if they're planning on bringing out a soundtrack to the film?
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

This is finally screening in Western Australia (the real WA) - but for 6 days only - 21/1-27/1 - and for all of those days I'm stuck out here at work, 800km from home - JW stuff is so hard to come by in these parts...